Catalog Services: Catalog Management and Content Services
Catalog Management Tool
A sound content management strategy is the most critical component of any procurement solution because it ensures that buyers and requisitioners only order those goods and services that are properly sourced and under contract.
- Eliminate the Hassle of Catalog Management
Perfect Commerce's Catalog Manager validates individual products and contract prices. Validation rules ensure appropriate use of unit of measure standards, classifications and other required data elements. Catalog Manager promotes the monitoring and approval of changes to products and contract prices, eliminating the need for in-house resources to research changes made by suppliers. Studies show that it takes one dedicated full-time employee to manage 10 catalogs. Catalog Manager buyers can focus on approved catalogs and efficiently transfer them to their existing purchasing or procurement system. This allows a single employee to manage more catalogs with less manual input, thusreducing human resource needs and creating a more efficient process.
- Catalog Publishing
With Catalog Manager, your company will eliminate the need to manually manage multiple catalogs and thousands of line items. Updating and delivery of catalogs and contract prices (to one or multiple procurement/purchasing systems using multiple standards such as CUP, xCBL, CIF, and BMECAT) is simple because we handle all the synchronization, maintenance and versioning. Catalog Manager provides classification and units of measure conversions. Suppliers may utilize different standards than the buyer, but Catalog Manager provides tools that convert UOM and classifications such as UNSPSC, eClass or buyer and supplier specific classifications, to the procurement system's required format.
- Easy Tracking of Product and Price Changes
Catalog Manager provides an easy way to manage price changes by highlighting new and changed items, making it easier to manage the catalog maintenance process. Monitoring these variances is a requirement of an effective catalog management solution.
- Integrated Solution Ensures Accuracy
Catalog Manager supports integration to suppliers' catalog management systems so that pricing and product changes are pushed to the system and supplier product information is automatically updated. Buyers can focus on optimizing their purchasing and procurement initiatives instead of managing product and price changes. With reporting on variances and automatic updates, Catalog Manager provides visibility and enables more control over the catalog management process.
Content is the key to a successful eProcurement project. With this in mind, Perfect Commerce’s Supplier and Content Team is dedicated to helping both our customers and suppliers optimize their content by providing the highest levels of consulting and training.
- We will help the customers define the content rules that will be applied by the suppliers, making it easy for the end users to find products without difficulty.
- We will help the suppliers provide rich content, making them more visible to an end user, and also enabling them to efficiently receive orders with complete content.
We provide one-on-one training sessions and online tools so that both suppliers and customers feel comfortable using our product. We offer a user friendly implementation process and personal guidance to manage catalog upload as quickly and efficiently as possible, and we assist with every step of the setup and buying process. Our customer support doesn’t stop at set up — we are available 24/7 for any requests and assistance, and we continuously follow up to ensure our product is meeting customer and supplier standards.
- Roundtrip option
Perfect’s Roundtrip protocol is based on Open Catalog Interface (OCI) technology developed by Commerce One and SAP. Roundtrip is a feature within Perfect’s hosted Procurement Manager application that enables Perfect’s hosted buyers to:
- Access a supplier’s complete web based catalog offering
- Browse a supplier’s website
- Make product selections on the supplier’s website
- Configure product selections on the supplier’s website
- Create a shopping cart at the supplier’s website
- Additional Services
Master Data Management (MDM) Solutions
- Collecting and managing master data is one of the most significant necessities for any enterprise to ensure quick, effective and efficient responses to any critical business situation
- Perfect Commerce will also provide assistance with the consolidation and standardization of their master data
Data Cataloging & Classification
- Typically involves identification, extraction, standardization and enrichment of item information and attribute descriptions. The classification of products and services according to a global commodity classification standard like the UNSPSC provides the ability to identify possible overlaps in the existing system and between several internal system records, in addition to vendor catalogs through item attribute detail comparisons.